Friday, November 21, 2003

Here I go again...

I've decided to devote more time to my writing. It is so hard because all I have ever wanted to do with my life is be able to write for a living. I have written other novels for myself but I have never written anything that I really want to be published. The hardest bit about publishing a first novel is your putting your love of writing on the line. I may enjoy being a writer, but am I good enough. That is a hard pill to swallow when you find out the professionals of the industry say you aren't good enough. I will deal with that when the time comes. Writing is something I love and I know I shouldn't base my opinions on someone else's views but I have never been good with criticism.

I am working on a book right now that will be based on my experiences in Korea. It is an idea that I have kicked around for a long time and I have come to realize that I need to start making it a reality. I don't want to forget the time that I have spent there, and I want something to leave for my daughter. Even if it never gets published, I will have something lasting for her. I have a good start with my website, which will hopefully help me remember my experiences more clearly, but in order to write a novel I will need to draw out more of my emotions and flesh out what stories I already have. We'll see what happens, and I may even keep you all updated ;)

TTFN

No comments: