Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A very knitty weekend!

This has been one of the best weekends I have had in a long time. It all started on Friday at the Yarn Garden. One of my favorite hosts, Vickie Howell of DIY's Knitty Gritty, did an hour discussion & book signing. She was fabulous!

Thankfully I was able to get there early & not only did I get a comfy seat on the sipperie's couch but Vickie ended up sitting directly in front of me on the coffee shop's counter! Yay for me!

Vickie was very entertaining & I thoroughly enjoyed hearing her chat about her show, new line of yarn, her new book, favorite knitting projects & her life in general. I thought she was very witty, entertaining & surprisingly comfortable to just hang out and discuss knitting. I also got my book signed but stupid me, forgot my camera! so no pics, sorry.

Friday was the highlight of my weekend, Saturday was a nice time hanging out with my mom. Then Sunday DIY ran a 6 hour Knitty Gritty Marathon during the Superbowl. What a great wrap up to the weekend, not only did I get to hang with Vickie again but I was able to knit all day long without any interruptions (my husband went to a friends house & my daughter loves knitting shows too)! And Vickie was online at DIY doing live blogging about each show.

What a fabulous knitty weekend!! OK back to work now...

TTFN

No comments: