Friday, May 13, 2005

4 days late...

I just found out my daughter will not be starting kindergarten in the fall of 2006. To start in the fall of 2006 she will have to be 5 on or before September 1st....her birthday is on September 5th.

I am so upset about all of this. Not only is she ready for school, but we are ready for her to start school. She is just too smart for her own good and needs the stimulation of a school setting, and of course...daycare fees are outrageous!

In the past we had considered Catholic school (husband is Catholic) or a Japanese immersion program (Korean isn't offered here but Japanese & Korean have the same basic structure) in a hypothetical situation, but I think we will actually have to take the alternative seriously now! I guess we will be stuck with fees for the rest of our lives...

TTFN

1 comment:

Mei Travis said...

Hi I found you by random knit-blog surfing. Just wanted to note that my DD had the same problem with a borderline birthday. Email me, and I'll tell you how I handled it.