Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Not your gramma's hobby anymore...

When I was 10 my gramma taught me to knit. I loved it, but being the impatient 10 year old that I was...I got frustrated at the slow progress and gave it up. When I hit 30 I realized that I didn't have any hobbies. This may not be a big deal to some, but in my family they are all big on hobbies. Everyone in my family is crafty & loves their hobbies. We have quilters, woodworkers, knitters, gardners, stained glassers :), painters and the list goes on.

After realizing I was missing out on something, I decided to learn to knit...again. I loved it so much that I also learned how to crochet. In the last year I have made sweaters, bags, dolls, toys, slippers and some other stuff I can't even think of right now. For the first time in my life I have started something that I love, and kept to it. (I have this odd tendency to get really excited about something, finish it halfway then go onto something else....My mom says it's because I'm lazy...I prefer to say I was searching for the right hobby...a lot!)

Now for the title....I am constantly searching for new patterns. Knitting is such a trendy thing to do right now (I started before it was trendy...remember that!) and some of the patterns are just nuts. Here are a few fun examples of the more interesting knitting & crochet patterns I have found:

The Hot Tamale Skirt
Knitted Guitar Strap
Crocheted "Heavy Metal" Collar, Belt and Gauntlets
Knitted Piggy Dress Scary!!
and one of the most interesting patterns I have come across...
Willie Warmer Pattern

definitely not my gramma's hobby anymore! :)

TTFN

No comments: