Friday, November 12, 2004

Old friends...

I have recently signed up for Classmates. It's such an interesting concept. It used to be that you may or may not run into friends from high school, but only if you lived in the same city. In the old days you would wait for your reunion, catch up on old friends then send Christmas cards once a year.

With Classmates you can catch up with people no matter where you live, and you don't have to wait until your next reunion. I love it! In the last two days I have emailed one friend from high school and received a reply. We have spent the last couple days catching up with where we have been since high school. Every time I hear from him I flash back to high school dances...but that's a whole different story :)

I also got in contact with one other friend that was actually from my college days, but we hung out a great deal. This individual was such a strong influence in my life for so many years that when we lost contact I was deeply hurt. He was in so many ways like a big brother to me even though we were the same age. He was friends with my ex-boyfriend, friends with many of the same people I hung out with, and one of the few guys I never dated! I always felt such a close bond to him, I realize the bond probably wasn't the same for him, but that never mattered to me. I have missed him terribly. When I returned from Korea the first thing I did was try to find out what happened to Toby...

I never did find him...until today. I haven't yet heard how he's doing, but I am impatiently waiting for info.

I love classmates.com!!

Update: I have finally heard from Toby (actually he goes by Brian now...hard to get used to!) It's funny how some people change so much...

No comments: