Friday, April 09, 2004

Absolutely, Totally Absorbed...

Lately I have been totally absorbed in reading. With the new house and all I should be doing...Something. But no I have been absorbed. I have always been a voracious reader, but lately it has been fast forward. It may be a way to avoid work, but oh well :)

What have I been reading? Well I just finished Hot Ice & Birthright both by Nora Roberts. Nora Roberts is one of my favorite authors. I love just about everything that she has ever written. I loved Birthright. It was an engrossing read and I just couldn't put it down. Hot Ice, on the other hand, was really hard to get through. I loved the last 1/4 of the book, but I had a heck of a time getting to that point.

I have also been reading This Present Darkness by Frank E Peretti. Frank Peretti is a fabulous author of Christian thriller/suspense novels. He is a northwest author, one reason to love him, and his writing is absolutely intense. He has been called the Stephen King of the Christian world. Wonderful book, excellent author!

The final book that I have been absorbed in is Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg. I loved the movie but have never read the book. I noticed it on the shelf yesterday when I went book exchanging. After a short debate I decided to pick it up. I am so happy I did, and kicking myself for not picking up Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man. If Daisy Fay is anything like Fried Green Tomatoes I am positive it will be fabulous.

So this is what I have been doing lately...Work and blogging can wait, expanding my mind can't :)

TTFN

No comments: