Monday, December 08, 2003

Sporadic Blogging...

My blogging lately has been so sporadic and I do apologize. Some days I want to blog constantly, and then I will go way too many days without even thinking of blogs. But this time I do have an excuse...

This is the first holiday that my little family has had in a house big enough to entertain, and since it may be our last holiday in this house, we are trying to take full advantage of the situation before we move again. We are hosting a dinner party this weekend for my uncle and family. He has decided to pay us all a pre-holiday visit. I love throwing dinner parties, even if the stress of it all overwhelms me at times. This week I have been running all over town trying to get things done. Between food shopping, decorating, buying supplies and cleaning the house, I am exhausted.

Through it all at least I am on my husband’s good list (money wise) this week. The first incident was when I decided to buy holiday tablecloths at the Dollar Tree instead of spending a ton of money on something I may only use once. Then I made my own wreath. I spent $10 to make a wreath that I had seen at the stores for $30 and up. Since this is my blog I can brag a bit…It turned out fantastic!! Gold ribbon, red poinsettias, little red Christmas balls…It turned out so well that I shocked myself :) Usually during the holidays I go nuts and decorate like crazy, spending money willy-nilly; but I have been much better this year since…

We are looking into buying a house this year. My uncle has decided to sell our current house. It’s very frustrating but we are excited about owning our own home. The hard part is trying not to be frantic that we won't be able to afford anything that we want. Hopefully this will all turn out well. Will try to keep y'all updated.

TTFN

No comments: