Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Grey skies abound...Literally & figuratively!

Fall is upon us...Finally. Portland weather can be so strange at times. Last week it was sunny and warm, I was ready to break out my shorts again. Now it is grey, windy and yuck. I'm am feeling a bit morose today. Not exactly sure why.

I realize I should be writing about some great social commentary, but I just can't seem to get anything on paper. I have been reading a lot lately, no writing though. I hate that feeling when you have a book inside your head, you know the characters, the plot, the ending and everything in between; but it just won't come out. I keep procrastinating. I know I am afraid to write. Wow that is hard to say. I am afraid to write and have people laugh at my effort, but I am even more afraid of it not being good. I want to do something with my life that is amazing...I just wish I knew exactly what that was.

Don't get me wrong. I have a beautiful, intelligent daughter and she is amazing; but I want to do something that is just for me. That is why I write, that is why I do needlepoint, that is why I scrapbook. That feeling of accomplishment that only comes from deep inside. When it all comes down to it, I guess I'm not really afraid of other peoples opinions but my own.

TTFN

No comments: