Currently I am working on the Seascape Stole from Knitty.com and it is killing me!
Here is why it is killing me:
1. It is lace and I have never attempted lace.
2. I am working from a chart and I really dislike charts.
3. Lace is something you need to concentrate to work and I never have a quiet time to work.
4. The pattern recommended straight needles and straight needles are very cumbersome.
Here is why I keep going:
1. I am using Frog Tree Alpaca in a beautiful Lavender color and it is so soft & luxurious to work with!
2. I have never attempted lace & I love a challenge :)
3. The Seascape pattern is so beautiful!
So even though the negatives in numbers outweigh the positives, in weight the positives outweigh the negatives....
Therefore, I will keep going. It is making me crazy but I really love the pattern, I love the yarn and even though it is hard, I love doing lace!!
back to the grindstone...