Monday, September 12, 2005

No More than 3 UFO's in the house!

Unfinished Objects (UFO's) litter my house. As I have posted before, I love to start projects but I have a really hard time finishing them. I am making a new vow for this fall (when knitting kicks into high gear), I am trying to cut down my UFO's to 3 projects at a time, and this includes knitting, crochet, quilting, cross-stitch and sewing. Will this be possible? Probably not at first, but I am going to try my hardest. My very first project is to finish the many UFO's I already have in my house. I am giving myself this next month to work only on these half finished projects. ~If I can help it~

To start with, I finished my daughters biscuit quilt and I didn't even start another project the whole time I was working on her quilt. That is very impressive for me. Of course it will be a long time before I ever do a biscuit quilt again, but that is beside the point! :) Biscuit quilts are not as easy as they look (a definite 9.5 out of 10 on the old frustration meter).

Next I am going to work on some of the knitting & crochet projects that I have abandoned over this warm summer season. Knitting in the summer sucks, but as the season is starting to change, knitting will be a welcome warm diversion.

This is my plan...at least until the next cute pattern comes out! :)


TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilt definitely gets (at least) 9.5/10 for it's finish. No matter what you said, it looks great! I hope the Little One comes to appreciate it as time goes by.

And good call on limiting the projects!

Barb said...

Thanks! She seems to be enjoying the quilt so far :)

I actually worked on one of my UFO's last night and didn't even start a new project! I really wanted to, but I didn't!

Yay for me!!