Wednesday, November 19, 2003

The circus is back in town...

Ok I need to rant a bit...

It is amazing to me how much media hypes criminal activity when a celebrity is involved. I watched the press release this morning on the Michael Jackson case and was appalled. This is a serious offense against another human being...Ok a weird human being...But he still is a person. It was amazing to me how they could have a press release without any information. "We cannot comment on that" was about all the information they could give out, and I wanted to slap DA Tom Sneddon. Through the whole press release he had this big grin on his face and was crass enough to make jokes about lunch. Yes, Jackson is an odd human and may have done the things he is being accused of and they may have him cold, but there is a child involved. The DA should have at least enough tact to realize this and treat the situation with the seriousness that it deserves. Any crime against a child should be treated with utmost care and consideration and not just a means to an end.

During the press release a journalist asked DA Tom Sneddon about his upcoming retirement and how this case would leave him as a legend. Even though the answer was no comment, I swear I saw that twinkle in his eye.

Rant done...

TTFN

No comments: