Friday, October 31, 2003

Happy Halloween!!

Ok..lets try this again.

This morning, on my way to work, I listened to my favorite radio station like I do every morning. Well this morning, being halloween and all, they read the story of the curse of the princess Aman-Ra. According to this legand, this is the reason that the Titanic sank. Even though I am sure it is an Urban Legend, it is still fascinating.

In other news I am going to take my daughter Trick-or-Treating tonight. She is 2, and this will be the first time that we have gone Trick-or-Treating, but it should be fun. I love going out on halloween and I always have. When I was young we would go around the neighborhood with the kids next door. House to house hunting up candy. I loved those days. Not only the sense of community that it brings, but also just the thrill of being someone else. Dressing up and losing yourself in some character. My favorites were Miss Piggy, Wonderwoman, and the burning bush (when halloween was out and the church harvest festival was in).

Tonight I hope to start some traditions with my daughter. We'll see. Have fun y'all and have a safe holiday.

No comments: